Whether you’re just beginning your exploration of how dental implants can replace a missing tooth or you’ve been told you can’t have them because of jawbone issues, at our conveniently located dental practice, we can help you achieve your dental health goals.
Dental implants are replacement tooth roots that serve two very important purposes. One the one hand, for the sake of the form and function of your smile, permanent restorations (crowns) are cemented to the implant to look and function like your natural teeth. On the other hand, the implant itself works very much like your teeth roots do – to stimulate your jawbone. Without tooth roots or implants stimulation, your jawbone will begin to recede, giving you an aged appearance.
While most people are good candidates for immediate dental implant placement, there are some cases where the bone is not tall enough or bone loss has already occurred from a tooth lost long ago. In these cases, our expert team at Village green Dental can do both bone grafting and sinus lifting – without you needing a referral to an unfamiliar team. We can do it all right here in our conveniently located Auroral IL dental practice.
Here are some benefits to dental implants:
- Prevent bone loss after tooth loss
- Increase blood flow to area
- Protect your natural teeth
- Permanently anchor dentures, bridges, and crowns
- Allow you to speak normally
- Let you to eat what you like
- Increase confidence.
There is little down time, and while there are some procedural differences between placing cosmetic implants and those to anchor bridges or dentures, for best results we prefer to do it in stages…
- We surgically place your implant or implants into the jawbone under your gumline.
- We can attach temporary crowns, so you won’t be too shy to smile while you continue with your busy life.
- After a few months when the implant becomes securely anchored, we will permanently attach a custom-designed replacement tooth or even denture that will blend in perfectly with your natural smile.
We consider dental implants to be the gold standard of care and hope you will too. They are time-tested, predictable, and so reliable that millions are placed annually in the US alone.
If you’d like to know more about how dental implants can change your life, give us a call. We offer a free second opinion or consultation and would be happy to answer any questions about dental implants or any of the many other services we offer at Village Green Dental. Why? Because we care.