Why Dental Sealants Are A Valuable Restorative Treatment
At Village Green Dental, we take your smile health very seriously. We take a preventive approach, meaning we work hard to intercept oral health concerns long before they become more serious. One of the ways we can help you avoid cavities in those hard-to-reach places is with dental sealants.
Highlights about dental sealants
Sealants are made out of an incredibly thin liquid plastic coating that your Aurora dentist applies to the chewing surfaces of teeth. In most cases, this is perfect for premolars and molars. Sealants protect these teeth from decay-causing bacteria by filling in deep fissures and pits. During this procedure, you won’t experience any pain or discomfort. We just paint them on! It’s that simple.
Who are dental sealants perfect for?
- Patients who have a tough time brushing and flossing effectively due to mobility issues.
- Kids who have difficulty brushing correctly.
- Adults who are prone to developing decay on their back teeth.
A few of the significant benefits of dental sealants
- Fast and easy application. It just takes about five minutes per tooth to get the job done.
- Cavity prevention. There are parts of your teeth that bristles just can’t get to. Sticky foods can get trapped in deep crevasses, and that’s where they can begin to wreak havoc. Dental sealants add a layer of protection and make these areas much easier to access and clean.
- Sealants can lower your risk of tooth decay by as much as 80% in the molars. And data shows that kids without sealants get three times the amount of cavities than kids who have sealants.
Want to learn more about dental sealants? Still unsure if they are suitable for you or your child? Give us a call, and we’ll get you in for a worry-free appointment.
Protect Your Teeth Or Your Child’s With Dental Sealants
- A worthwhile investment for teeth
- Protect teeth susceptible to cavities
- An easy and painless procedure
- Long-lasting (as long as 10 years)
- They blend in with your natural smile.